Welcome!

Thursday, September 20, 2012

New Beginnings....:)

What all does an average student dream for?
A college with a good atmosphere and expert faculties; A degree of his/her choice plus a handsome placement offer and salary package....
Isn't it?
But when you actually pass out college and enter the Job life (the most desired one) you are face to face with the realities of life...Realities in terms of day-to-day struggles to rise an inch above others and above yourself as well, efficiently managing yourself as per the time, strive to be different etc..Your conscience poses certain questions in front of you like Am I at the right place?; Had I been dreaming of the same? and so on....Followed by this you start meeting your personal fears, of which one of the biggest fears is Loneliness; which can obviously be tragic if not dealt with in time. Other fears can be of the unknown and strange crowd (specially when you are at a place called the "Mumbai"), fear of strangers etc.

As I travel daily through the fully crowded local trains at Mumbai, usually standing at the corner of the footboard near the door or as I climb up the Borivali Skywalk...I ponder upon what has changed my life completely...
"Follow the path, your dreams take you..."
Ya so true and that's my mantra...
We continue to run in the Rat race completely disregarding what are actually our goals...And so we end up  with nothing.
Philosophies apart, lets come to the point...This is about sharing my personal experience with you....

 Being the only child of my parents, I have been nurtured and fondled by them for all twenty years of my life. Starting from getting up early in the morning, tea, tiffin, dinner, all my decisions and for everything else I have been dependent on them...But I suppose I kept on taking all that for granted; I suppose every child on the Earth does so. But time makes you realize your mistakes....

Time is cruel and harsh in this context.
(I hate you Mr. Time for being their)

Well that was the time I had to be back home before 8 pm, otherwise at least make a call declaring the exact time I would be reaching. (Else keep your excuses/ explanations, though one and the same, ready in the back of your mind ;) )
Still it was easy going....Mr.Time was supposingly lazy during those days....

One day the change has to come.

18th July 2012 I boarded the Avantika Express; the Indore-Mumbai daily train; and I left home...The new morning brought heaps of emotions, new beginnings, new city and a new life right under my feet.
The change was terrific...
I had to start from the beginning. May it be cooking, doing household chores, travelling and working all came to my part with a sudden pact. It made me Independent- financially, mentally and physically...free to make choices.
Free to move around, or to stay back at home; Free to stay out till late night or to still obey my parents words' and return till 8.30 p.m; free to do anything or to do everything that was good for me; free to spend my earnings at food stalls and shopping malls or to save it for buying a gift for my parents and cheer them as I get back for a couple of holidays.
Choices make all the difference....The world seems to be mine.
May be this is the story of every youngster who steps out to turn their dreams into a reality; or may be not; Choices make the difference.....
The anxiety of being alone at home or the excitement of strolling down at Marines with new acquaintances or with an old pal from hometown.

I wanted to share these bits of experiences, because I am already filled with so many of them. Actually being at home I have had the habit of sharing the days experiences with my Mom. But now suddenly, a thousand miles between me and my Mom and obviously between me and my Dad.
I can share these things with my roomies, if anyway they return before 11 or 11.30 pm (and its a rare case). These feelings and memories come out from time-to-time not as words, but as salted water creeping down through the corners of my eyes....

But now it has been almost two months I am here and I am learning the new life...I have nothing pre-planned...I take life as it unfolds- dealing with all its positives and negatives.
I am trying to make it and I am sure will be successful...

And that is all....

Thanks for bearing with me..;)

..(If you did...:)..in any case).....        

No comments:

Post a Comment